Church of the Icon of Our Lady of Kazan
A small wooden church stood in place of the present Church of the Icon of Our Lady of Kazan. Starting of the stone construction in Nizhny Novgorod in the XVII century allowed rebuilding the wooden church.
In 1687 the old church was demolished. Instead of it, a new one was erected - in the name of Our Lady of Kazan. The money for the construction was allocated by the merchant Afanasy Olisov. The temple was dedicated to the heroic deed of the Nizhny Novgorod militia during the events of the Troubles of 1612-1613. The main value here was the icon of Our Lady of Kazan - a relic especially revered by the Russian people. In the 60s of the XIX century a chapel with the icon of the Savior was attached to the church - as a sign of the salvation of Emperor Alexander II during the assassination attempt on him of the revolutionary Dmitry Karakozov. Perhaps, this circumstance predetermined the further unenviable fate of the church. In 1935 it was razed to the ground. The new Church of the Icon of Our Lady of Kazan was rebuilt in the XXI century and consecrated on November 3, 2012.