In the Own garden of the Central (Pridvortsovy) district of the Pavlovsk park, near the palace is the Pavilion of Three Graces. This is the last work in the Pavlovsk park, created by the architect Charles Cameron in 1800.
The Pavilion of Three Graces is similar to an antique portico. The overlap with large rosettes in the caissons is supported by sixteen slender Ionic columns. The pavilion has a gable roof, with gables on both sides. When the Pavilion was erected, the sculptural compositions in timpani came to the place of pediment statues. On the tympanum, from the side of the Own garden, a relief was depicted depicting Apollo with the attributes of sciences and arts, on the side of Sadovaya Street - a relief depicting Minerva with military attributes. Their author was the sculptor Ivan Prokofiev.
October 14, 1802, the day of his birth, from the eldest son Maria Feodorovna received a chic gift - the sculpture "Three Graces", representing three girls who support the vase. For her was given 11 000 rubles. The author of this group was the Italian sculptor Paolo Triscorni. It is made of a single piece of marble.
Since the moment when this sculptural group was established (1803) in the Pavilion, its name also changes. Since the middle of the XIX century in all archival materials the structure is called the Pavilion of Three Graces. Gracia are goddesses who personify feminine charms, joy and beauty - Talia (Color), Euphrosyne (Joy), Aglaya (Glitter). They are the daughters of the god Zeus and the oceanids of Evrinoma. Graces were often the companions of the gods: Dionysus, Hermes, Aphrodite. Their main duty was to deliver to the gods and people all that makes their life wonderful and happy.
The sculptural ensemble "Three Graces" gave the Pavilion an extraordinarily light, transparent, poetic sound. He is in perfect harmony, not only with the Colonnade of Cameron, but with all the surrounding space.
During the Great Patriotic War, the sculptural group "Three Graces" was hidden, buried in the ground, but the Nazis managed to find it. By a lucky chance to take it out did not have time.
In 1956-1957, under the direction of the architect Sofia Vladimirovna Popova-Gunich, the Pavilion of Three Graces was restored.
Today, the Three Graces Pavilion is open to visitors. He still admires the beauty and grace of execution.